All I can say is these are delicious and a cinch to make! Surprise your kids or grandkids with these tater tots and know they aren’t loaded with preservatives like the frozen bagged variety! Even my daughter who doesn’t love cheese thought these were great.
I can’t wait to serve them at my New Year’s Day casual get together with 2 of my neighbors. It will be a time to just relax after the holidays and have a few laughs.
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another–Galatians 5:13
Hand Rolled Parmesan Tater Tots
3 large red potatoes (1 1/2 pounds) I used small white un-peeled potatoes and weighed them
2 cloves of garlic, roasted and then mashed
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 dash freshly ground sea salt (don’t use too much more because the parmesan is salty too)
Olive oil for greasing pan
Preheat oven to 400° F.
1. Scrub the potatoes, prick with a fork and put on a rimmed cookie sheet. Wrap garlic loosely in tin foil and put on same cookie sheet. Roast until both are fork tender. My potatoes took about 45 minutes and the garlic took about 30 minutes.
2. Cool potatoes rapidly by plunging them in ice water. Change the water, and repeat, until the potatoes are cool. Since my potatoes were small I only had to do one bowl of ice cold water. Once cooled take out of water and pat dry.
3. Shred the potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. You can peel them first; I didn’t. As I grated, the potatoes kind of self peeled so I didn’t have a lot of peel left in my bowl.
4. Place the other ingredients into the bowl with the grated potatoes and use a fork to fully combine everything.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and rub it with a layer of olive oil.
6. Preheat oven to 425° F.
7. Using about a teaspoon of the potato mixture, form it into a cylinder about 1 inch long and kind of pinch the sides flat. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.
8. Bake about 25 to 35 minutes, turning once about 20 minutes into the cooking time.
9. Serve hot with ketchup
Makes about 30-40