I have been sick and in bed for 3 days this week. I can’t remember the last time I was in bed this long. I am always busy so this has been a challenge to say the least. As a mom, relying on other people can sometimes be difficult. We pride ourselves on being able to say we were at all the practices and games of our kids, drove our kids to and from school, volunteered for committees at school, kept the house in order and put hot meals on the table every night, so when something happens and we can’t maintain our superhero status maybe that is time to evaluate our priorities.
For me relying on God comes first and family comes second. Knowing that God has a plan for me and my family gives me the strength to tackle each day even if that means resting and letting a neighbor or friend take over. So seek HIS face first and you will be blessed and satisfied. Start right now:)
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always– 1 Chronicles 16:11
Proscuitto, Basil and Parmesan Pinwheels
These pinwheels are my go to appetizer! They can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days before baking. If you want a sweet version mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on pastry.
1 sheet puff pastry
4 pieces thinly sliced proscuitto
2 T basil, chopped
3/4 C shredded parmesan
1 egg, beaten
1. Place pastry sheet on work surface.
2. Cut in half, forming two 9 1/2 X 4 3/4 rectangles.
3. Arrange half of proscuitto on each rectangle leaving a 1/2 inch plain border along 1 long side.
4. Sprinkle each pastry with basil and parmesan.
5. Brush plain border with egg glaze.
6. Starting at non egg-glaze long side, roll up pastry jelly-roll style, pressing gently to seal long edges.
7. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or up to 2 days.
8. Preheat oven to 400F and unwrap pastry.
9. Cut logs into 15 pieces each, put on cookie sheet and bake for about 16 minutes until golden brown
10. Cool slightly. Serve Warm.