The power of prayer is amazing. Do you believe in it? I sure do. Praying for other people or having people pray for me is the most comforting, gratifying and beautiful gift.
If you don’t pray for family and friends or don’t ask family and friends to pray for you, try it this week! You won’t be disappointed but will feel an amazing warmth in your soul.
PRAYer — Pays off, Repeat often, Always, and Yes Start right now!!!
Pray without ceasing–1 Thessalonians 5:17
Caramelized Leek and Turkey Bacon Quiche
This was really yummy! Add whatever you have in the fridge for a fulfilling Sunday breakfast!
1 unbaked pie crust – I use Cooks Illustrated Fool Proof Pie Dough http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2007/11/cooks-illustrated-foolproof-pie-dough-recipe.html (recipe makes enough for 2 quiches)
1 leek cleaned and thinly sliced
2 T butter
6 slices turkey bacon
8 large eggs
2 T heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk (I used 1 C whole and 1/2 C skim)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 C grated cheese ( I used 1 C mozzarella and 1 C cheddar)
3. Cut the bacon into slices and fry until cooked
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the pie crust and press it into a large fluted deep tart pan (or a deep dish pie pan).
5. Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl, then add the onions, bacon, and cheese. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
6. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the quiche is set and the crust is golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes if