What do you do first thing in the morning? Have a cup of coffee, tea, walk the dog, tend to a crying baby, make school lunches? How about praying first thing in the morning? Prayer is talking to God. Prayer is surrendering worries and concerns to God. Prayer is praising God.
There is no denying there are a lot of worries in life. Parenting, job security, finances, health of a friend or family member, or an upcoming move can all turn our faith upside down. But prayer and a trust in God’s plan can turn worry into trust.
Try these tips to enhance your prayer:
1. PUSH – Pray Until Something Happens
2. FROG – Fully Rely on God (You know that ice cream shop Sweet Frog? Yep, that is what “Frog” stands for in their mission statement)
3. Change your radio station to a Christian station. I LOVE Way FM http://www.wayfm.com/ Uplifting stories and great music!
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O’ Lord – Psalm 89:15
Easy Asparagus Tart
Yesterday I wanted to make lunch for my daughter who is vegetarian and had just finished her SATs. I pulled this very easy tart together with ingredients I had in the fridge.
2 pieces of puff pastry, thawed
30 thin pieces asparagus (I wish I had had more), blanched and plunged into an ice bath
1 egg yolk
1/2 C shredded mozzarella
1 T mascarpone cheese
Salt and pepper
Lemon zest for garnish
Preheat oven to 400F
1. Put puff pastry on two cookie sheets and prick with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes and then cool for just a few minutes
2. While the puff pastry is cooking mix egg yolk, cheeses, salt and pepper in a small bowl
3. In a separate small bowl, mix asparagus pieces with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper
3. Spread cheese mixture on cooled puff pastry sheets and arrange asparagus. The egg part will be a tad runny. Don’t worry it bakes into a custard like consistency
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned. I baked mine early and then just popped it under the broiler to reheat and get a little more brown
5. Using a microplane, grate some fresh lemon zest on top before serving
Serves 4 for lunch