If you have school aged kids in your house this time of year is SO BUSY! Especially when you have high school aged kids. AP tests, Prom, Senior gatherings, SAT subject tests, final projects and exams can all create problems and lots of stress and anxiety. As parents, we can sometimes take on our child’s problem and that leads to more stress and anxiety. And in some cases we might even cause some of the stress and anxiety.
I went to bed with a splitting headache last night and woke up before 5am worrying about a problem. I opened up my Jesus Calling app like I always do first thing in the morning before I get out of bed and it said “Do not long for the absence of problems in your life.” http://thejesuscallingapp.com/ I thought, ‘why?’ The answer: because it is impractical. Problem free living is impossible here on earth and is waiting for us in heaven. As I heard the birds begin to chirp and the first shimmer of day light peek through the window my first thought this morning was THANK YOU GOD for talking to me right when I needed it and my second thought was this is going to be alright!
Relying on God for everything takes a leap of faith and constant trust. I took the leap of faith years ago and totally trust God’s plan even though sometimes I don’t like it. Problems in life are here to help us, to guide, to teach us. So if you are faced with a problem, embrace it and try to see what God is teaching you! Remember that some problems come into your life as blessings and some problems come into your life as lessons!
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you–Isaiah 41:13
This is my go to quick sweet for school or church functions:)
4-6 Matzah cracker boards (I can only get unsalted in Hong Kong, so add salt later. Taste your brand first)
1 Cup butter (2 sticks)
1 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Prepare a large rimmed cookie sheet (may need 2) with tin foil and then a sheet of baking paper and put boards on sheet or sheets
2. In a medium size pan melt butter and brown sugar and stir until combined well over medium high heat
3. Boil for 5 minutes. Don’t keep heat super high or it will burn
4. Pour caramel over prepared matzah cracker boards and spread evenly. I use an off set spatula to make sure every piece is covered
5. Put in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes
6. Take out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let rest for about 5 minutes. Once chips are softened, spread chocolate evenly with your off set spatula and sprinkle with some salt if your matzah is unsalted
7. Cool on counter and then place cookie sheets in fridge until chocolate and caramel are firm, 1-2 hours
8. Once firm break into pieces and store in fridge
Serves 6-8 easily