Streets and shopping malls are full of festive red and green decorations. There are countless concerts, plays and activities in school auditoriums and gyms. Churches, businesses and volunteer organizations are busy preparing gifts in hopes of making this Christmas season more festive for needy community members.
For many reasons this time of year makes some people sad and depressed. Missing a loved one, having regrets about choices over the year, or feeling so helpless in a situation can make the Christmas season dreadful. Since I live so far away from home (feeling so grateful to have been home for Thanksgiving though:) I TOTALLY rely on my friends for support during difficult times when my family is asleep on the other side of the world. My friends, both near and far (you know who you are) have been invaluable over the years as I navigate singleness and raising my teenager son and 2 daughters in college.
I just want to give a shout out to my mom, stepdad, twin sister, brother in law, brother and sister-in-law and my girl gang support network in Hong Kong for the unconditional love and support over the last year!
If you are near family this holiday season remember to hug your loved ones close and embrace the gift of time.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows–James 1:17
Merry Christmas and God Bless,
Street Food Chicken and Hummus Wrap
So easy to throw together and makes a quick lunch or dinner
1 chicken breast
Drizzle olive oil
Salt and pepper
Butter lettuce, washed and dried
Fresh cilantro and coriander, washed and dried
Tinfoil for wrapping
Hummus (recipe on blog already:) https://themustardseedfoodfaithfeast.com/2015/03/13/2352/
1. Preheat outside grill or you can also do on top of the stove in a pan
2. Prepare chicken by drizzling with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and dried oregano to taste. I don’t measure, I just sprinkle
3. If using outside grill put chicken breast on direct heat on the middle burner (I have 3 burners and turn the middle burner down to just above low and leave the outside two burners on medium high
4. Cook for 4 minutes with top closed. After 4 minutes rotate (there should be very nice dark grill marks already. If not leave on for another minute) 1/4 turn and cook for 4 more minutes.
5. At this point you should have really nice criss cross grill marks on one side of breast only, flip chicken breast over and turn off middle burner. Continue to bake chicken on grill for abut 8-9 minutes until done, 160F (It will rise to desired temp of 165F when resting). So there is no direct heat on your chicken now, only the two outside burners are on.
6. Remove from grill to cutting board and rest 5-7 minutes
7. When ready to make wrap, on inside gas burner put your tortilla on grill for few seconds so it gets some char grill. You could do this outside too, right on the gas.
8. Top tortilla with a some hummus.
9. Slice chicken thinly and place on top of hummus, add lettuce and coriander and wrap with tinfoil.