It’s a new year and a new you! Pray for those that you need to forgive and for those that you need forgiveness. Before speaking banish any negative thoughts and speak openly, honestly and with love. All that is required of happiness is a simple heart.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead–1 Peter:1:3
Have a blessed New Year’s Day!
Coconut Oil Blueberry Scones
These are easy to make, are Vegan and not overly sweet. New flash I didn’t even use any butter! I ate 3:( They are tender and crunchy. I loved the bites of sea salt and sugar on top. I adapted this recipe from The Minimalist Baker, http://minimalistbaker.com/coconut-oil-blueberry-scones-with-rosemary/. I love the site! Check it out:)
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ Tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (https://themustardseedfoodfaithfeast.com/2013/12/22/almond-milk/)
- 2 cups Beksul Korean wheat flour (This flour is super soft and similar to King Arthur or Lily flours in the US. I have made these several times with all white or 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar, plus more for topping
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp room temperature coconut oil
- 1/3 cup frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg in a small mixing bowl, then add almond milk.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, organic cane sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add room temperature coconut oil and use a pastry cutter (or 2 knives) to cut into the mixture until only small bits remain.
- Whisk the flax-almond milk mixture once more and add to the dry ingredients a little at a time while stirring with a wooden spoon. Add blueberries and gently stir once more to incorporate. I still had a few dry patches at this point.
- Gently transfer to a floured surface and use your hands to form it into a rectangle about 1 inch in height. I used a plastic cup to cut out 7 circles and transferred to my baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with a bit more cane sugar. Next time I will try a smaller cup and make mini scones.
- Bake for 20-25 min, or until fluffy and light golden brown on the edges. Let cool slightly before enjoying.
- Best out of the oven once cooled:)